Sunday, January 31, 2010
No Sew Fringe T-shirt dress (And Variations)!
So here are my plans for my most recent project, a no sew t-shirt dress:
(Instructions follow the blueprint)
Not into fringes? No Problem click here for an alternative.
For this design, I'd reccomend a t-shirt that hits you either midthigh or somwhere by the knees, unless you plan to wear it with jeans or tights.
1. Cutting approximately 1 cm away from the seam, remove the neckline and sleeves from the shirt (Keep 'em around, never know what you can do with 'em!)
2. Cut open both sides of the t-shirt.
3. If you are a stickler for accuracy, put the t-shirt on and pin the sides and adjust until the fit satisfys you.
4. Cut "V" shaped notches along the sides of the shirt.
5. Tie the strips together and "Viola!" A fringe dress.
For cap sleeves:
Don't cut off the sleeves entirely, in step one, fold the shirt in half, cut half of the sleeve off. When cutting the notches for the fringe, cut the notches into the sleeve as well.
Btw, This pattern is also nice for any t-shirt, I just like making dresses =3
Update on the project results soon