Recycle your clothes!!
- A Garage Sale: Just set up shop in your front yard and sell what you don't use!
- Host a Clothing Swap: Invite a couple of friends over, have them bring their unused clothes, and swap 'til you drop!
- Donate your clothing to a Charity Shop: Send your unused items down to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. Some churches also collect old clothing to give to the needy. I hear from some older folk that this can become a hearty tax break....
- Sell them at a consignment shop: At a consignment shop and if your clothing sells, you will receive a percentage of the profits!
- Pass it down the family Tree! Good old hand-me-downs! Nothing beats getting a nice dress from an aunt, or a pair shoes from a cousin.
- Up-cycle: Simply put, make older things into new things. Here are some projects to get you started:
American Apparel inspired scarf
Elle Runway inspired Hair Accessories (Elle Magazine)
The Infinity Dress (Rostitchery)
Super Simple Shirt Dress
No Sew T-shirt Fringe Dress
Studded Sleeve Top
Slit Sleeve Pullover
Distressed studded Jeans (SteffMetal)
30 minute Fabric Necklace (Small Magazine)